Friday, April 21, 2006

Anizona Con

I have an excuse for not posting.
It's convention season!. Which means I won't be around a lot because I will be at different comic book conventions trying to turn new readers on to my book. I love conventions because you get to talk directly to the people that read your book. Some love you for it while others bring tomatoes to throw. Either way, you have to suck it up and keep on trucking to the next one. About this time last year, I was bumming because I thought that my book was not doing well. My first con of the year last year was not a very good experience and my signings in my home town were not going very well.

(Sidenote: If you are a comic books artist or creator and you are doing a signing somewhere, remember to promote the damn thing yourself.)

Anyway, it wasn't until San Diego con in July that I actually saw how the book was catching on outside of my little bubble in Memphis. That got me hyped for this new book that will be out in May.

(Sidenote 2: If you have not checked out the book, shame on you. This is the perfect opportunity to read it as JETTA: TALES OF THE TOSHIGAWA - RAIN will be out soon. PICK IT UP!!! PICK IT UP I TELL YA!!!)

I'm glad that I didn't just stick around here this time for Con season this year. I have been trying to expand my convention horizons a bit. My first con of the year, MIDSOUTH CON, went surprisingly well. Just when I thought that Memphis had no love for me, convention goers prove me wrong. Thanks for coming out.

Which leads me to my second con of the year, ANIZONA CON 2006. I have to say, I did not know how the attendees would like my art. I love manga and anime as you can see in my art. But I have had some wired brushes with manga purists who hated what I was doing. But at Anizona I was embraced as the manga fan that I am and I loved it. I loved seeing the cosplayers and I voice actors that portrayed some of my favorite characters on the big (or small) screen. The best part is that I made a ton of new readers. After all, that is what it is all about for me. I want people to read the book!!! I have tons o pictures on my message board (www.toshigawa.co) so hop over and take a look.

Next Convention stop: Superman Celebration.
That reminds me, I need to start working on my Supergirl tribute!!

Now for everyone's favorite...
Jean Claude Van Damn!!!!!

(Sidenote 4: Cue the Muppet Show music.)
Image hosting by Photobucket

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger saltygirl said...

yay! metropolis celebration'll be our anniversary celebration too!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger saltygirl said...

i am so proud of you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home