Tuesday, March 28, 2006

ROLLER COASTER MARCH!!

This month has been a roller coaster of emotions concerning my book.

First things first: Shooting Star is no longer publishing Jetta: Tales of the Toshigawa.

Yeah. That one is a big one. Well... sort of. We parted on good terms so it was a mutual break-up. (Break-ups still suck non-the-less). Creatively, our two houses were going our separate ways. To tell the truth, I kind of saw that happening and it wasn't a surprise when the announcement was announced. It also does not help that Diamond Distributors changed their policies concerning sales and dollar amounts for sales. That change will be and has been felt throughout the industry.

So... Where does that leave Jetta you ask?

Right back where she was before; in my hands. I've done this before. I've self published and promoted Jetta before. So, this is familiar territory. While I will miss the team effort of being with Shooting Star (they are a great bunch of guys), I'm not afraid to do what I have to do, which is pull up my sleeves and start pushing again.

Jetta: Tales of the Toshigawa - Rain is slated to be available in May. I'm still excited because I feel this is our best work yet!Wish me luck!

Con season is off and running and if Mid-South Con is any indication as to how the rest of the cons will be, then this stands to be a banner year for our little ninja girl.

We had a lot of fun this weekend! Our panels went over well as I think I might have picked up a few new readers. More importantly, I got a chance to support the creative talent that is right here in our fair city. My wife and Penny Register Shaw (one of our business partners in a new company called Delicious Elixir) had a successful panel about strong women in comics. That was really good to see my wife step from the shadows and into the lime light for a change. I even got an award for first runner-up for the Darrell Award for outstanding science fiction in the south. All in all it was a very successful con for us.
Next up: Anizona! If you are in the Phoenix area, come out to see us at Anizona Con April 14-16, 2006.

Con-Sequential will be huge!!!
I guess it's safe to announce now!! Welcome to the home of the Mid-South’s Premiercomic bookk Convention!

What is Con-Sequential?
Like any normal comic convention we have some great artist guests:

Mike Norton (G.I. Joe, Voltron, Teen Titans Go!)
Steve Stanley (Batman, Star Trek, Spiderman)
Greg Cravens (The Buckets)
Adam Shaw (Bloodstream, Dead in Memphis)
Dave Beaty (Bushi Tales, Stargodz, Captain Value)
Lin Workman (Bushi Tales, Stargodz)
Martheus Antone Wade (Jetta: Tales of the Toshigawa)
Kevin L. Williams (Muley the Mule)
More guests to be announced…

Unlike most normal comic conventions all of our artist guests will be providing some great “hands on” classes for aspiring artists and comic creators. By attending the Cartooniversity program classes you will have an opportunity to complete a Sequential Storytelling Certificate. You can attend classes in Writing, Cartooning, Figure Drawing, Painting, Storyboards, Penciling, Inking, Coloring and everything that will help aspiring and professional artists alike need to know. Please visit the Programming section of the website for a list of classes and more information. Be sure to register early since spaces will be limited for these great classes.

We will also be hosting the first ever Con-Sequential art show. This show will be open to the general public and will showcase original comic art produced by our esteemed guests and members of the Mid-South Cartoonist Association.
Please visit www.Con-Sequential.com for more exciting announcements in the coming weeks.


If you have supported Jetta: Tales of the Toshigawa I would like to also say thanks!
You guys haven't seen nothing yet!!

And now for my favorite subject:
Jean Claude Van Damn!!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

1 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger saltygirl said...

yeah midsouthcon was unexpectedly pleasant this yr. what gives? oh well, just as long as it keeps up.

& i'm worried about this unhealthy obsession of yours w/ van diggity dam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home